Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 2 - Scales? What Scales!?

You know what occurred to me?  I forgot to weigh myself yesterday on the first day of my journey.  I feel like celebrating until the cows come home!  I feel like kissing my dogs.  Shoot, I'll even call my husband to my office and give him a kiss. You want to know why?  I'll tell you!  It's because I must truly not be dieting.  I always weigh myself the minute I get out of bed when I start a diet.  Then if I pass the bathroom with the scale I weigh myself again...and again...and again.

This morning I woke up and thought about peaches and strawberries.  I thought about eating.  Frankly, I'm scaring myself. I FORGOT THE SCALES!  I did remember you though.  You've got to hold up your end of the bargain I told myself. You're pulling other people along for this ride.

Here's the other interesting thing I do before embarking on a diet.  I stuff myself.  I order a pizza and ask for it to be cut into four pieces because I'll get too
 full if I eat six.  I think that's pretty funny but the joke's usually on me.  Actually, it's always on me.

Right now it's 10:30 something or other at night and I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I felt the urge to go downstairs to the kitchen to get something else but you know what?  I'm really not hungry.  I've entered all my food on fitday.com and I've had a very balanced day.

Let's make a toast.  Here's to a day of kind mindful eating and here's to you too!  Thanks for traveling the celeryandcarrots path with me.

4 comments:

  1. I was about to send you an email about your commenting question, when I realized you meant this blog not the other one on wordpress. Or at least I think that's what you meant. If it's wordpress how you're signing, as a member, visitor, or using sone other sign in.

    Here, it could be the format? Do you mean you can't comment when you click on people's avatar and go to their blogs, or do you mean you can leave comments on your blog after their comment?

    I'm also wondering if it's because your 3 blog spot blogs aren't hooked together, that is to say you started each of them using a different email address, right? So when you look at your profile, and your blog, you only see 1 blog vs mine when you look at my profile you see all 3 of my blogs. Perhaps it has something to do with whether or not you're signed into blogspot and google vs just one?

    Look just below the comment box here, where it says comment as...default setting is Sandy (Google) for me, when I click on it I have the option to do the name url thing which usually I do so folks go to the blog vs the profile. In your case what does it say? Which sign in is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many times when we find ourselves eating when we are not hungry there has been a misinterpreting of the signals that our brain and body share. Listen to the hunger, embrace any feelings of panic and realize that there are no emergencies. There will be plenty of nutrition available to us in the morning when nourishment will replenish our bodies and not cause us disease.

    Those signals may not seem pretty at first. We may find that our first inclination is to point to others or our surroundings as being inadequate for our nourishment.

    Almost all of the time the people and surroundings are far more nurturing than we perceive them to be and after some further digging we inevitably will find that it is our reflection on the circumstance that is casting an image we do not wish to see.

    Life is a direct reflection of our making. Sure, things happen to all of us, but each of us know someone who has faced steeper circumstance.

    We choose the type of interaction that we will have with our environment and any small change in our daily perspective could change the trajectory of our entire lives!

    Jan, NOT LOOKING AT THE SCALE!! That’s like level 10 or some other black belt move! You are my hero! I still look at the scale daily, I am learning to be more comfortable in my skin but It will still take some consistent effort to “normalize”, In the mean time I will feel satisfied for the small victories we all share. Congratulations m8!

    Live Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my hero, Keith. You are the one that got me to this place!!! Some pretty deep thoughts in your comments. I think on top of mindful eating, I need to dig a little deeper into WHY I eat and WHY I diet!

    As for being comfortable in your skin, well Keith, my guess is that will come with time. It seems to me like your journey took you to places you never imagined and you haven't stopped to smell the roses yet. Jan

    ReplyDelete