Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 6 - Mad at Me

Okay, I know my journey towards a healthy new way of eating and lifestyle shouldn't always be a bed of roses, but wouldn't you think I would not stray from the beaten path on just the 6th day?

Well I did.  I ate breakfast.  Then I ate an early lunch...so far so good.  Then I went to the barn to ride or attempt to ride because my horse is a little off but that's beside the point.  Anyway, it was hotter than a bonfire in July and I was dripping wet when I left.  I wasn't hungry but I didn't care.  I had my 12-year-old granddaughter with me so when I asked if she wanted ice-cream I knew exactly what she'd say.

It wasn't good enough just to get an ice-cream cone. I had to get a peanut butter lovers cone. ..complete with a peanut butter cup and extra peanut butter.  After that, it was all downhill.  I went out to dinner with two friends and had a salad and two glasses of wine.  Oh!  I forgot to mention the cheese plate appetizer that we had.

I don't feel very good about myself right now and on top of all that I'm stuffed.  That very wise dietitian that I told you about in an earlier post always says that a lapse isn't a relapse.  Guess tomorrow will be a new beginning.  Wish I hadn't decided to be totally honest with myself and you.  This is somewhat embarrasing!

7 comments:

  1. PS.....I still haven't gotten my comment stuff fixed. I promise I will. I have read every single comment that you've left and apprciated every word you've said....Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. When tomorrow comes and you feel hungry, and you have that hunger pain
    remember no pain, is no gain.
    xoxo
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, you are loved and respected for exactly who you are.

    There is no higher standard of nutrution that you are accountable to, this is your experience, you own all of it.

    Consider the connections that we have in our brains as muscles. Your muscle memory of this type of unwanted behavior may be very strong, only by exercising the part of your thinking that drives action will your desires become more formatiable.

    Try to detach the feelings of negitivity from what sounds like a wonderful day spent making important memories.

    Instead realign yourself by thinking of the next time you are faced with the opportunity to act in your desired intention.

    Realize your influence over people in your environment and how your light may change the direction for someone dearly loved in unseen positive ways.

    Hold these wants fresh in your mind and the unwanted actions may seem to lose their allure.

    LIVE INSPIRED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like riding a horse - if you fall off, get right back on and continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Scarlet O'Hara would, I won't think about that now, I'll think about that tomorrow, After all, Tomorrow is Another Day. Think I've got the quote right, or any rate close.

    Ok testing on this comment will be the general google which is always the default, the first one you see in the white comment area, it simply says my name and google. When someone clicks on my name here in this post, they'll go not to my blog, but to my profile page where they can see all 3 blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the previous post, I was able to comment as you Jan, I was also able to click on my name in the previous post go as you to my blog, comment as you on my blog, followed link as you on my blog back to your blog here as you.

    It all seems to be working fine for me.

    The only things I see in your settings that might be better changed are, change email post links from no to yes so people can email your post to a friend who then might come visiting.

    Back links are hidden which means you can't see who might link to you/this blog. You might want to un hide that.

    Float Alignment gives you more ability to move things around within a post, but it says if you're having trouble with things to click no float alignment.

    Do you plan to add adsense here?

    ReplyDelete